Black and Blue Burgers are a glorious treat. The combinations of flavors are wonderful and the recipe is flexible. Add bacon strips or tomato, or change the meat mixture to add veal or substitute turkey. Be creative!
- 4 6-ounce hamburger handmade patties
- 8 teaspoons blackening seasoning
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 4 ounces fried onion straws
- 4 brioche hamburger buns, split
- 16 ounces steak fries, cooked (fried or baked)
- 24 ounces 85-percent ground beef or bison
- 2 ounces finely chopped vidalia onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Sprinkle each side of hamburger patties with 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning.
- Grill, broil or sauté hamburgers over high heat for 3 minutes per side and top each with 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese and 1 ounce onion straws; place in bun.
- Serve each with 4 ounces thick steak-cut fries.
- Mix the ground meat, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Form into patties.
Botsford Inn's Honey Baked Ham with Cumberland Sauce is the quintessential recipe for New Year's Day...
Chianti Beef with Thyme Potatoes is a wonderfully rustic dish of deliciously tender beef pieces in a...
Balsamic reduction is often made by chefs to add a unique flavor to sauces, meats or other dishes. ...
Waffle Bread Pudding is a wonderful dessert you can make with homemade waffles leftover from a weeke...