Black and Blue Burgers are a glorious treat. The combinations of flavors are wonderful and the recipe is flexible. Add bacon strips or tomato, or change the meat mixture to add veal or substitute turkey. Be creative!
- 4 6-ounce hamburger handmade patties
- 8 teaspoons blackening seasoning
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 4 ounces fried onion straws
- 4 brioche hamburger buns, split
- 16 ounces steak fries, cooked (fried or baked)
- 24 ounces 85-percent ground beef or bison
- 2 ounces finely chopped vidalia onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Sprinkle each side of hamburger patties with 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning.
- Grill, broil or sauté hamburgers over high heat for 3 minutes per side and top each with 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese and 1 ounce onion straws; place in bun.
- Serve each with 4 ounces thick steak-cut fries.
- Mix the ground meat, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Form into patties.
Asian Barbecued Duck is a superb recipe with great flexibility. We use this to make exceptional duck...
Grilled Salmon with Blackberry-Cabernet Coulis is a regal dish that's sublime. Fit for a holiday din...
The Spanish version of Creme Brulee; the delicious flavor of Crema Quemada or Caramelized Custard Fi...
The value of Roast Saddle of Mutton comes from its incredible value. Mutton, much less expensive, i...