Seductive, sultry and pleasurable, Bistro Garden Butternut Squash Soup is simply wonderful. Served with a dollop of cream, its soothing textures bring warmth and comfort to the soul.
- 2 small butternut squash (about 4 pounds)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 leek, white part only; sliced
- 4 Cups chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground white pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup hot whipping cream
- Cut squash in halves. Clean and roast at 450 degrees until very tender, about 1 hour. Scoop out flesh with spoon and set aside.
- In large soup pot, saute onions in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until tender. Add leek and squash and cook 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, sugar, curry powder, cumin, salt and white pepper to taste.
- Place soup mixture in blender, a batch at a time, blending until smooth, and return to pot. Blend last batch with 1 tablespoon butter and cream. Return to remaining soup, stirring, and heat through. Adjust seasoning and thickness.
An exceptional treat, Irish Carrot Soup offers incredible flavors with impeccable taste. Enjoy this ...
Asparagus Gratin makes a glorious side dish for your meal, providing diners a glorious flavor ideal ...
Breaded Veal Cutlet (Weiner Schnitzel) is an Austrian classic, usually served with a fried egg on to...
Chicken Breasts with Apples and Cider Cream is and exceptional recipe from Normandy in northern Fran...