The Bistro Cheeseburger is the kind of delicious burger you’ll find at better urban bistros throughout North America. Bacon makes them perfect. Select some innovative meltable cheese like brie, Muenster or a combination.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- vegetable oil
- 4 sweet onion slices (1/2-inch thick)
- 4 crusty rolls, split, toasted
- 8 slices cheese (American, Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Swiss, etc.)
- 12 slices bacon, lean, pressed flat, crisp but not burned
- 4 Romaine or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices (1/2-inch thick)
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- red onion, sliced
- pickle (dill, sweet & sour or cornichons)
- lettuce leaves
- tomato slices
- French fries
- In small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; set aside.
- Shape ground beef into four 3/4" thick patties. Lightly brush oil onto cut sides of onion. Place patties and onions on grid over medium, ash covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes or until centers are no longer pink and onions are tender, turning once.
- Season burgers with salt and pepper, if desired, after turning. Approximately 1 minute before burgers are done, top each burger with 2 slices cheese.
- Meanwhile, spread equal parts of sauce mixture on top half of each roll. Line bottom half of each roll with lettuce and tomato; top with cheeseburger, bacon and onion. Close sandwiches.
- Garnish each dish with lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickle and fries.
The richness of Butter Pecan Cheesecake creates an outstanding, delicious and enjoyable dessert all ...
Apple-Raisin Stuffing is an incredible accompaniment to your holiday or weekend roast turkey or goos...
A Cornish pasty, is a baked pastry, a traditional variety of which is particularly associated with C...
You'll adore Cider Basted Pork Chop with Dried Cranberry Stuffing and its deep, rich flavors and tex...