Bison Consomme is a uniquely flavorful soup served with an exceptionally delicious dumpling. Rich and elegant, while simple and easy to prepare.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 4 to 5 servings
- 4 Cup clarified bison stock
- 1 red pepper; cut julienne
- 1 green pepper; cut julienne
- ravioli dough (or 5 wonton wrappers)
- 1/4 pound bison sausage; cut julienne
- 1/2 pound ground bison meat
- Season bison with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs. Wrap in ravioli dough or won ton wrapper, simmer until cooked and set aside.
- Heat the stock and garnish with julienned sausage and peppers, add dumpling and serve.
Bison meat is available commercially in most supermarkets. If you cannot make or find bison stock, use Beef Broth or Stock.