Big Wheel Sandwich Loaf
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- 8 inch round loaf sourdough
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Slice bread horizontally into 6 equal layers using an electric or serrated knife. Spread horseradish on first layer, and top with roast beef and second bread layer.
- Spread mayonnaise on second layer, and top with Swiss cheese and third bread layer.
- Spread mustard on third layer, and top with ham and fourth bread layer.
- Cover fourth layer with tomato slices, bacon, and fifth bread layer.
- Top fifth layer with American cheese, onion, and remaining bread layer.
- Combine remaining 3 ingredients; spread over top and sides of loaf. Place loaf on a baking sheet; bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Slice into wedges with an electric knife.
- Yield: 8 servings.