This recipe lives up to name, with impunity—Best Ever Burgers. They’re thoroughly delicious and flavorful.
Best Ever Burgers
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- 2 Tablespoons bread crumbs, fine, dry
- 2 Tablespoons salsa, pizza sauce, etc.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 cheese slices, mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, etc.
- 4 Kaiser rolls or buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Set oven to broil.
- Stir together the bread crumbs, salsa, salt, and pepper.
- Add ground beef. Mix well. Shape into four patties about 3/4 inches thick.
- Place patties on broiler rack and broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 12 to 14 minutes, turning once.
- Top with cheese slice and broil one minute more.
- Serve on kaiser roll with a lettuce leaf and additional salsa if desired.
473 calories, 34 g protein, 34 g carbs, 22 g fat