The rich and luscious flavor of whipped cream pairs perfectly with berries and liqueur in Berries Romanoff, one of life’s simple, yet incredible treasures. This is a “must-try” recipe! The recipe originated in London, the creation of master chef, Auguste Escoffier. Later adapted by “Prince” Michael Romanoff at his popular Beverly Hills restaurant, Romanoff’s. Actually he was not a prince by birth, but for popularizing such a glorious treat as this, he was a prince among restaurateurs.
- 3 Cups ripe strawberries, hulled, cut in half
- 3 Cups raspberries
- 2 Cups blackberries; (8 Cups of berries total)
- 1 Cup superfine (dessert) sugar
- 1/4 Cup vodka
- 1/4 Cup dark rum
- 1/4 Cup Grand Marnier
- 4 Cups whipped cream
- mint leaves
- Mix the liquor with the sugar and marinate the berries for several hours. Mix occasionally.
- Serve a portion of the Creme covered with the marinated berries kin a cocktail glass or bowl, garnished with a mint leaf.
This very flexible recipe may be adapted according to local tastes and favored liqueurs, and may be presented in a variety of ways, all of them perfectly correct.
The quintessential recipe that defines Brunch, Eggs Benedict has evolved many variations, but this c...
When a cookie is good enough for a Scottish millionaire, it must be a very fine cookie indeed. This ...
Beef Brisket Braised with Prunes in a Wine Sauce is a delicious, simple dish that's packed with flav...
Amazing flavor exudes from each serving of Chickpeas and Basmati Pilaf with Dried Cherries and Pista...