The rich and luscious flavor of whipped cream pairs perfectly with berries and liqueur in Berries Romanoff, one of life’s simple, yet incredible treasures. This is a “must-try” recipe! The recipe originated in London, the creation of master chef, Auguste Escoffier. Later adapted by “Prince” Michael Romanoff at his popular Beverly Hills restaurant, Romanoff’s. Actually he was not a prince by birth, but for popularizing such a glorious treat as this, he was a prince among restaurateurs.
- 3 Cups ripe strawberries, hulled, cut in half
- 3 Cups raspberries
- 2 Cups blackberries; (8 Cups of berries total)
- 1 Cup superfine (dessert) sugar
- 1/4 Cup vodka
- 1/4 Cup dark rum
- 1/4 Cup Grand Marnier
- 4 Cups whipped cream
- mint leaves
- Mix the liquor with the sugar and marinate the berries for several hours. Mix occasionally.
- Serve a portion of the Creme covered with the marinated berries kin a cocktail glass or bowl, garnished with a mint leaf.
This very flexible recipe may be adapted according to local tastes and favored liqueurs, and may be presented in a variety of ways, all of them perfectly correct.
Chicken breasts, a little soy sauce, some sliced pears - Baked Chicken Breasts with Pears may sound ...
These exceptionally fun creations are easy to make, simply delish and amusingly ghoulish. Everyone l...
A key, critical ingredient to a superb turkey gravy or soup, this Turkey Stock yields spectacular re...
The exotic flavors of Adas Polo yield extraordinary results to the simplest meal. The combination of...