The rich and luscious flavor of whipped cream pairs perfectly with berries and liqueur in Berries Romanoff, one of life’s simple, yet incredible treasures. This is a “must-try” recipe! The recipe originated in London, the creation of master chef, Auguste Escoffier. Later adapted by “Prince” Michael Romanoff at his popular Beverly Hills restaurant, Romanoff’s. Actually he was not a prince by birth, but for popularizing such a glorious treat as this, he was a prince among restaurateurs.
- 3 Cups ripe strawberries, hulled, cut in half
- 3 Cups raspberries
- 2 Cups blackberries; (8 Cups of berries total)
- 1 Cup superfine (dessert) sugar
- 1/4 Cup vodka
- 1/4 Cup dark rum
- 1/4 Cup Grand Marnier
- 4 Cups whipped cream
- mint leaves
- Mix the liquor with the sugar and marinate the berries for several hours. Mix occasionally.
- Serve a portion of the Creme covered with the marinated berries kin a cocktail glass or bowl, garnished with a mint leaf.
This very flexible recipe may be adapted according to local tastes and favored liqueurs, and may be presented in a variety of ways, all of them perfectly correct.
The quintessential recipe for the perfect American BBQ Cheeseburgers. Ideal for summer entertaining....
Steamed Maine Lobster on Fettuccine with Carrot, Ginger, Snow Peas and Cognac-Coral Butter Sauce is ...
Loukoumades are a simple recipe for deep-fried dough covered in a honey glaze. Utterly delicious and...
For a glorious Sunday feast, try an Irish Fresh Ham with Crackings and Pan Gravy. It's simply amazin...