This exceptional recipe for canapes is wonderful for New Year’s Eve entertaining. They go well with cocktails or punch and liven up both palates and parties.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 8 slices bread
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces chopped ham
- 1/2 Cup grated Cheddar cheese
- mango chutney
- grated Parmesan cheese
- paprika to taste
- Make toasted bread croutons: Using a small glass, cut 2-inch rounds out of slices of bread (you'll get about two per slice). Lightly toast both sides of bread.
- Heat butter, ham and cheese together. Spread on toasted bread croutons. Top with a dab of mango chutney and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Brown slightly under broiler. Sprinkle with a little paprika and serve hot.
- Note: If you make your own French bread, make a loaf smaller in diameter. Freeze, then slice frozen to crouton thickness or thinner. Makes for better base.