- vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 1 envelope golden onion soup mix
- 1 Cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup beer, any regular beer
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- assorted vegetables 'n' things
- In deep fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees F. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat golden onion recipe soup mix, flour, baking powder, eggs, mustard and beer until smooth and well belnded. Let batter stand 10 minutes. Dip Suggested Veggies 'N' Things into bater, then carefully drop into hot oil. Fry, turning once, until golden brown; drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Makes about 4 cups Veggies 'N' Things.
Use broccoli florets, zucchini, cut into spears or rounds (at least 3/4 inch thick), carrots sliced about 1/3 inch thick on an angle, asparagus spears, trimmed, shrimp, small chunks of chicken breast, scallops, small chunks of steak or boneless pork.