What can be better than a hearty Beef Brisket with Barbecue Sauce to enhance its flavors? Simple, yet extraordinary.
Beef Brisket with Barbecue Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon; granules
- 1 teaspoon mustard; dry
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper; ground
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 1/2 pounds beef brisket
- 1/2 Cup catsup
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter; or butter
- For cooking liquid, in a bowl combine water, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, bouillon, mustard, chili powder, red pepper, and garlic; reserve 1/2 c. liquid for sauce.
- Trim fat from brisket. If necessary, cut brisket to fit crockery. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours or high-heat setting for 5-6 hours.
- For sauce, in a small sauce pan combine 1/2 Cup reserved liquid, catsup, brown sugar, and butter. Heat through. Pass sauce with meat.
Source- Better Homes and Gardens New Crockery Cooker Cookbook.