Warming you to the bones, this deeply flavorful soup is rich, comforting and thoroughly enjoyable. You should serve it with thickly sliced crusty bread for a perfect meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Cup carrots; sliced thin
- 1 Cup celery; sliced
- 1 medium onion; sliced thin
- 1/2 Cup green pepper; coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup parsley; snipped
- 4 Cups beef broth
- 1 can tomatoes; canned, cut up (16 ounces)
- 1 Cup spaghetti sauce
- 2/3 Cup pearl barley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons basil; dry and crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- Cut meat into 1" cubes.
- In a large skillet brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain well.
- Meanwhile in crockpot, combine carrots, celery, onion, green pepper, and parsley.
- Add broth, undrained tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, barley, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir in browned meat.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 hours. Skim off fat.
Milk Chocolate Truffles are an exceptional treat for young or old. The soft, melt on the tongue choc...
Tante's Boozy Halloween Cake makes a great adult Halloween cake. Frost with orange cream cheese fros...
The French really don't cook with blueberries as do the British and Americans, however Blueberry Cla...
Pumpkin Orange Soup with Halloween Croutons is a deliciously flavorful potage. This recipe offers a...