Warming you to the bones, this deeply flavorful soup is rich, comforting and thoroughly enjoyable. You should serve it with thickly sliced crusty bread for a perfect meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Cup carrots; sliced thin
- 1 Cup celery; sliced
- 1 medium onion; sliced thin
- 1/2 Cup green pepper; coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup parsley; snipped
- 4 Cups beef broth
- 1 can tomatoes; canned, cut up (16 ounces)
- 1 Cup spaghetti sauce
- 2/3 Cup pearl barley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons basil; dry and crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- Cut meat into 1" cubes.
- In a large skillet brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain well.
- Meanwhile in crockpot, combine carrots, celery, onion, green pepper, and parsley.
- Add broth, undrained tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, barley, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir in browned meat.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 hours. Skim off fat.
The rich flavors of Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Western BBQ Sauce to make a most delightful, elegan...
Coconut Macaroons are one of those traditional, reliable and definitive confections found everywhere...
Lemon Cornmeal Cake with Mascarpone Sauce and Blueberries is a delightful summertime dessert. The f...
An interesting dish that may be served for a variety of meals from breakfast to a delightful appetiz...