Beef and Fruit Kabobs
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak; boneless, cut 1 thick
- 1 Cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 ripe mango; peeled, cut into 3/4 pieces
- Partailly freeze beef to firm; slice into 1/8" thick strips. Combine yogurt, lemon juice, curry and red pepper. Place beef strips and marinade in plastic bag, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, soak 12" bamboo skewers in water. Peel mango and cut into 3/4" pieces. Remove beef from amrinade; discard marinade. Thread equal amount of beef strips (weaving back and forth) and mango pieces on each skewer. Place kabobs on grid over medium coals. Grill 4-5 minutes, turning once. Season with salt to taste.
NOTE: Peaches, nectarines, plums or pineapple may be substituted for mango. Peel and cut fruit into 3/4" pieces. Or, if doubling the recipe, try using different fruits.