This delicious Beef and Barley Soup, brimming with tasty and flavorful ingredients, is so comforting on a crisp, cold day. Filling, this soup could be served as a main course for dinner or luncheon.
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 pounds beef short ribs
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 can whole tomatoes (28 ounces), with liquid, chopped
- 2 teaspoons water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/3 Cup medium pearl barley
- In a large Dutch oven or kettle, heat oil over medium-high. Brown beef.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, water and bouillon; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for about 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Add barley; simmer another 50-60 minutes or until barley is done.
An adaptation of the historic recipe, Senate Bean Soup has been a staple in the U.S. Senate dining r...
These sweet, glazed and slightly caramelized shallots make an unusual, flavorful side dish, or may b...
Ptichye Moloko is a rich, delectable Russian dessert ideal for the flavors of the season of renewed ...
Copper Coin Carrots are a sweet, wonderful way to eat tasty, delicious carrots. Kids love them prepa...