This delicious Beef and Barley Soup, brimming with tasty and flavorful ingredients, is so comforting on a crisp, cold day. Filling, this soup could be served as a main course for dinner or luncheon.
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 pounds beef short ribs
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 can whole tomatoes (28 ounces), with liquid, chopped
- 2 teaspoons water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/3 Cup medium pearl barley
- In a large Dutch oven or kettle, heat oil over medium-high. Brown beef.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, water and bouillon; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for about 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Add barley; simmer another 50-60 minutes or until barley is done.
Boston Creme Trifle is an extraordinary dessert, combining the delights of cake, pudding and topping...
Colcannon is an international staple, favored in Ireland (its source), Scotland, Wales and England a...
Bourbon Bread Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce is an easy Cajun adaptation of the American classic, u...
Easy Cassoulet lives up to its name, offering simple preparation and exceptional flavor. This is suc...