Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 1 can 1-pound kidney beans; rinsed and drained
- 2 Cups cooked brown rice
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 Cup very finely chopped onions
- 3 Tablespoons dried bread crumbs; or wheat germ
- In a large bowl, combine beans, rice, ketchup and spices. Mash with a fork potato masher until beans are well mashed. (Rice will be lumpy.)
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Divide mixture evenly and form into 8 burgers, 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick.
- Wet your hands slightly to avoid sticking. Lightly oil a nonstick griddle or skillet, or spray with a nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat.
- Place burgers on griddle and cook until browned on both sides, about 15 minutes. Turn burgers several times while cooking.