Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium size onion, finely chop
- 1 clove garlic,finely chopped
- 2 Cups cooked pinto, pea, or kidney beans, drain and mashed
- 1/4 Cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 Cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- wheat germ
- butter for sauteeing
- barbeque sauce
- 1. Heat the oil in a small skillet and saute the onion and garlic until tender but not browned. Combine with the beans, parsley, crumbs, egg yolks, cream, salt, pepper, and oregano and mix well.
- Shape into 4 burgers and coat with wheat germ. Chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet and saute burgers until lightly browned. Serve with barbeque sauce.