BBQ Short-Rib Osso Bucco is an exciting diversion from typical summertime barbecue, and brings a typical cold-weather dish to the warmer season. Incredibly good eating. This dish brings the flavors of Texas and Italy together in a manner so bravissimo!
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, divided use as needed
- 32 ounces beef short ribs (boned, wrapped)
- 2 Cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Cups celery, chopped
- 2 Cups yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 Cup tomato paste
- 1 Gallon chicken stock
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup chipotle chiles, canned
- 2 large poblano pepper, roasted
- 2 jalapeño, roasted
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Heat oil in heavy-bottomed pan. Season short rib with salt and pepper; brown on all sides. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, add carrots, celery, onion and garlic; caramelize. Add tomato paste; brown. Add remaining ingredients; bring to simmer.
- Add short ribs; cover.
- Cook in a preheated 325 degrees F oven until meat begins to fall from bone, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove meat from liquid. Reduce liquid until thick; skim fat.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper; pour over short rib to serve.
Fresh corn, cooked perfectly, is sweet, slightly crunchy, and deliciously flavorful. The perfect sid...
We love Asparagus and Chicken in Black Bean Sauce. It's an easy to make dish and we serve it often f...
The perfect side salad or main course for lunch, Chopped Antipasto Salad with Italian Dressing is al...
These soft, seeded, salted breadsticks make a perfect accompaniment to pasta and other Italian dishe...