BBQ Short-Rib Osso Bucco is an exciting diversion from typical summertime barbecue, and brings a typical cold-weather dish to the warmer season. Incredibly good eating. This dish brings the flavors of Texas and Italy together in a manner so bravissimo!
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, divided use as needed
- 32 ounces beef short ribs (boned, wrapped)
- 2 Cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Cups celery, chopped
- 2 Cups yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 Cup tomato paste
- 1 Gallon chicken stock
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup chipotle chiles, canned
- 2 large poblano pepper, roasted
- 2 jalapeño, roasted
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Heat oil in heavy-bottomed pan. Season short rib with salt and pepper; brown on all sides. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, add carrots, celery, onion and garlic; caramelize. Add tomato paste; brown. Add remaining ingredients; bring to simmer.
- Add short ribs; cover.
- Cook in a preheated 325 degrees F oven until meat begins to fall from bone, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove meat from liquid. Reduce liquid until thick; skim fat.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper; pour over short rib to serve.
Rich bacon and tasty Cheddar flavors come through with every delicious spoonful of Bacon-Topped Chee...
An astoundingly tasty dish, perfect for a weekend brunch, Stuffed French Toast with Blueberry Sauce ...
Bistro Steak is a simple, easily cooked main course, perfect for a great dinner for two. Bleu chees...
Chocolate Granita is tasty, creamy and refreshing to the palate. Simple preparation makes it a wonde...