The quintessential recipe for the perfect American BBQ Cheeseburgers. Ideal for summer entertaining. Simply extraordinary!
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped onion
- barbecue sauce
- 4 American cheese slices
- 4 crusty rolls
- split romaine lettuce
- sliced tomato
- Cooking & preparation time: 30 min
- In medium bowl, combine ground beef, onion and 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, mixing thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2" thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium ash-covered coals. Grill 14 to 16 minutes or until centers are no longer pink, turning once. Approximately 1 minute before end of cooking time, brush top side of burgers with additional barbecue sauce; top each with 1 slice cheese. Cook until cheese slices are melted.
- Line bottom half of each roll with lettuce and tomato; top with cheeseburger. Close sandwiches.