Bayerischer mit Spargel (Bavarian Veal with Asparagus)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Veal
- 2 pounds veal; cubed
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion; large, chopped
- 1 Cup carrots; chopped
- 1 Tablespoon parsley; chopped
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice; fresh
- 2 Cups beef broth
- 3 Tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pepper; fresh ground, to taste
- 20 ounces frozen asparagus; * or
- 2 pounds asparagus; fresh **
- * Frozen Asparagus should be tips and pieces. (2 boxes (10 ounces Each))
** Fresh Asparagus should be cleaned and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a Dutch oven brown the veal in hot oil. Add onion and carrots. Cook until onion is transparent. Stir in parsley.
- Mix lemon juice, broth, flour and seasonings until well-blended. Pour over meat.
- Cover and bake in preheated 325 degree F oven 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Add more broth if needed.
- Cook asparagus until tender-crisp. Stir into veal and serve immediately.