Perfect for holiday entertaining or a romantic weekend treat, Bayerische Vanillecreme is a luscious recipe that is absolutely irresistible, elegant and a pleasure for the palate.
- 2 packages gelatin; unflavored
- 1/2 Cup water, cold
- 9 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs; large, beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups milk; scalded
- 1 Cup ice cream; vanilla (premium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup cream; heavy, whipped
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water to soften. Heat to dissolve gelatin completely.
- Mix together sugar and cornstarch. Add eggs; beat for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add warm milk, beating constantly.
- Pour into a 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until custard coats a spoon.
- Add gelatin and ice cream while custard is hot. Cool until slightly thickened.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into a 1-quart mould. Chill until set.
- Unmold carefully and serve with a garnish of fresh fruits.
Madras Curry Fried Chicken is a wonderful, spicy version of the picnic classic, and delicious for lu...
Cold Papaya Soup is a Caribbean delight, pairing the sweet and tangy flavor of the fruit with lime f...
A very flavorful, rich and healthful soup, Warszawa Borscht is not very popular in America, but terr...
Paired with Salasarancia Cipolle, mascarpone cheese makes an exceptional filling for simple vol-au-v...