Perfect for holiday entertaining or a romantic weekend treat, Bayerische Vanillecreme is a luscious recipe that is absolutely irresistible, elegant and a pleasure for the palate.
- 2 packages gelatin; unflavored
- 1/2 Cup water, cold
- 9 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs; large, beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups milk; scalded
- 1 Cup ice cream; vanilla (premium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup cream; heavy, whipped
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water to soften. Heat to dissolve gelatin completely.
- Mix together sugar and cornstarch. Add eggs; beat for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add warm milk, beating constantly.
- Pour into a 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until custard coats a spoon.
- Add gelatin and ice cream while custard is hot. Cool until slightly thickened.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into a 1-quart mould. Chill until set.
- Unmold carefully and serve with a garnish of fresh fruits.
Sweet Potatoes a l'Orange is a wonderful, fun and tasty side dish perfect for the Autumn or Winter t...
Zabar's Black-and-White Cookies are delightful cookies and a favorite in New York and around the wor...
Braised Duck with Apples is an alluring dish with mouthwatering taste. The recipe creates an amazin...
Chicken Consommé takes standard chicken broth to a new, rich and incredible level, enhancing the fla...