Perfect for holiday entertaining or a romantic weekend treat, Bayerische Vanillecreme is a luscious recipe that is absolutely irresistible, elegant and a pleasure for the palate.
- 2 packages gelatin; unflavored
- 1/2 Cup water, cold
- 9 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs; large, beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups milk; scalded
- 1 Cup ice cream; vanilla (premium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup cream; heavy, whipped
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water to soften. Heat to dissolve gelatin completely.
- Mix together sugar and cornstarch. Add eggs; beat for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add warm milk, beating constantly.
- Pour into a 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until custard coats a spoon.
- Add gelatin and ice cream while custard is hot. Cool until slightly thickened.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into a 1-quart mould. Chill until set.
- Unmold carefully and serve with a garnish of fresh fruits.
Cannoli Siciliana are a traditional treat made and sold in Italian bakeries around the world. They a...
Barbara Krasner's Apple-Cherry Cardamom Strudel is an extraordinary, unusual twist on the traditiona...
Roasted Sweet Potato Soup has an amazing flavor, ideally suited to early Spring, when winds blow and...
Clove, Cinnamon and Chocolate Cookies are packed with delightful flavors. Cinnamon and cloves pair w...