Perfect for holiday entertaining or a romantic weekend treat, Bayerische Vanillecreme is a luscious recipe that is absolutely irresistible, elegant and a pleasure for the palate.
- 2 packages gelatin; unflavored
- 1/2 Cup water, cold
- 9 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs; large, beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups milk; scalded
- 1 Cup ice cream; vanilla (premium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup cream; heavy, whipped
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water to soften. Heat to dissolve gelatin completely.
- Mix together sugar and cornstarch. Add eggs; beat for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add warm milk, beating constantly.
- Pour into a 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until custard coats a spoon.
- Add gelatin and ice cream while custard is hot. Cool until slightly thickened.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into a 1-quart mould. Chill until set.
- Unmold carefully and serve with a garnish of fresh fruits.
Zeppoli are a favorite at Italian street fairs. These light, sweet dough fritters are deep fried wit...
Sour Cream Pound Cake is a delicious, lemony cake with a wonderful scent and flavor. Topped with a l...
Classically American, each portion of Blueberry Lemon Cobbler is a patriotic example of great cookin...
Trenette are delightfully simple pasta dishes cut with a pattern on one side. Trennette with Smoked ...