Perfect for holiday entertaining or a romantic weekend treat, Bayerische Vanillecreme is a luscious recipe that is absolutely irresistible, elegant and a pleasure for the palate.
- 2 packages gelatin; unflavored
- 1/2 Cup water, cold
- 9 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs; large, beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups milk; scalded
- 1 Cup ice cream; vanilla (premium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup cream; heavy, whipped
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water to soften. Heat to dissolve gelatin completely.
- Mix together sugar and cornstarch. Add eggs; beat for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add warm milk, beating constantly.
- Pour into a 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until custard coats a spoon.
- Add gelatin and ice cream while custard is hot. Cool until slightly thickened.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into a 1-quart mould. Chill until set.
- Unmold carefully and serve with a garnish of fresh fruits.
A delightfully simple recipe, Mashed Butternut Squash with Ginger is ideal for Thanksgiving or Chris...
A very tasty syrup that's ideal over pancakes, waffles or mixed in beverages. Great over ice cream t...
The Savoy cabbage is little used in the United States, which is an absolute shame. It is a wonderful...
Baked Potatoes Florentine, stuffed with a spinach and mushroom mixture, are fancy enough for a dinne...