Bayerische Erdbeercreme (Strawberry Bavarian)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Puddings and Custard
- 1 Quart strawberries; fresh
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon gelatin; unflavored (1 envelope)
- 1/2 Cup water, cold
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Cup cream; heavy, whipped
- Slice strawberries and mix with the sugar. Let stand until sugar dissolves. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then heat gently until gelatin dissolves completely.
- Add gelatin and lemon juice to sliced berries. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into a 1-quart mold or serving dish. Chill until set.
- Carefully unmold and serve.
Shown here made in a bundt cake mould. Recipe doubled to fit this size.