This great Bavarian recipe uses apples to create a superb sauce for noodles. Serve as a side dish with pork with very favorable results, every time. Simply delicious. Perfect with pork or veal.
- 2 Cups (4 ounce) uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 Cups thinly sliced apples
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Cook noodles per package. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples and caraway seed; cook until apples are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. (Don't worry if the apples break up.)
- Add cooked noodles, honey and mustard; mix lightly. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Makes 6 servings.
Lebkuchen (Spice Bars) are fun-filled flavor fantasies of German origins. They're easy to make, and ...
You'd never believe this is British cuisine, but Pork and Prune Casserole is a classic from southern...
Baked Potatoes Florentine, stuffed with a spinach and mushroom mixture, are fancy enough for a dinne...
Based on white sauce, this exceptional White Onion Soup is rich with flavor and creamy Irish goodnes...