Batchelor Soup is a delicious compilation of flavors, including beef and vegetables. Simple, yet extraordinary.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 pound (450 g) stewing steak, cubed
- 1 pound (450 g) potatoes, quartered if large
- 8 ounces (225 g) carrots, diced
- 8 ounces (225 g) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pint (600 ml) chicken stock
- scant 1/2 (US) Cup (100 ml) white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- freshly boiled potatoes to serve
- Put all the ingredients except the freshly boiled potatoes in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Pour the soup into the blender goblet and blend until smooth.
- Reheat and serve with freshly boiled potatoes floating in the soup.