Basil Mint Pesto I
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sauces
Serves: 1 Cup
- 1 1/2 Cups fresh basil leaves, (loosely-packed)
- 1/3 Cup fresh mint leaves, (loosely-packed)
- 1 Tablespoon finely-chopped garlic
- 3 Tablespoons lightly-toasted pine nuts (or lightly-toasted, chopped walnuts)
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/3 Cup freshly-grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream, optional
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender add basil, mint, garlic, nuts, and olive oil and puree. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in cheese and cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Store covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days. This recipe yields about 1 cup of pesto.
Pesto freezes well. Omit garlic and cheese before freezing and add them just before serving defrosted pesto.