The aromatic flavors of Basic Irish Sausages are heavenly. Pan seared, these delicious, rich pork sausages are perfect with mashed potatoes and gravy. Use them in a variety of dishes, including a full Irish breakfast. They’re fantastic with eggs and Boxty.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork
- 8 ounces pork fat; without gristle
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh-ground pepper
- pinch dried sage or marjoram
- 1 ounce white breadcrumbs (optional)
- pinch ground ginger
- pinch mace
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch cloves
- pinch Cayenne pepper
- Mince the meat and fat twice, then mix very well and season. (Fry a teaspoon or so each time to check the flavor until you get it the way you like it.)
- Add the herbs and breadcrumbs and any spices used.
- Fill skins as usual.
Chocolate Armagnac Cake is a complex recipe resulting in one of the most glorious, flavorful chocola...
Game Hens with Olives makes an exceptional, exciting and alluring dinner. It is classy, but not aloo...
Take your BBQ beyond the burger or ribs with this brilliant authentic Texas brisket recipe. Slow coo...
Springerle are made with wooden moulds or mould-cut rolling pins. The cookies are decorative and del...