When it comes to BBQ’d ribs, this is one of the great recipes. Finger licking good always!
Barbecued Spareribs with Herbs
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Barbecue
Serves: 8 to 12
- 6 pounds spareribs; cut serving size
- 3 Quarts boiling water
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 Cup dry red wine
- 1/3 Cup catsup
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove; finely chopped
- In the morning, prepare spareribs. Pour boiling water over them in deep kettle. Insert cloves in onion; add to spareribs along with salt, oregano, marjoram, rosemary, and thyme.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, just until spareribs are tender about 50 minutes. Drain, arrange spareribs in shallow pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients, pour over spareribs, refrigerate, tightly covered, until ready to grill.
- Adjust grill 4 inches from hot coals. Remove spareribs from sauce, grill, basting with sauce, about 10 minutes.
- Turn, grill on other side, basting with sauce, 10 minutes or until well done. Serve with remaining sauce.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 5312 Calories; 402g Fat (70.7% calories from fat); 293g Protein; 81g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 1317mg Cholesterol; 5666mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 40 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 57 1/2 Fat; 4 Other Carbohydrates.