Barbecued Rib Eye (Bulgogi)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 2 pounds beef rib eye; thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1/4 Cup sake
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Asian pear; peeled and grated
- 3 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 green onions; chopped
- 1 piece ginger root (1/2 inch long); grated
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Combine soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, pear, garlic, onions, ginger root and pepper and chill 2 hours.
- Add meat to marinade, cover and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain meat, discarding marinade.
- Place beef on bulgogi grill pan set over hot coals or, on bulgogi grill pan for stove set over medium-high heat.
- Cook until meat is browned on both sides and cooked through, 3 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness of slices.
Serving size: each serving Calories: 386 Fat: 19g Carbohydrates: 16g Sodium: 658mg Fiber: 0.36g Protein: 36g Cholesterol: 100mg