Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 1 young pheasant; cut in pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to 1/2)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Melted butter
- Your favorite barbecue sauce
- Use breast, thighs and legs.
- With a sharp knife, cut meat from each side of keel or breast bone, making 2 breast pieces.
- Sprinkle pheasant pieces with salt and pepper.
- Brush well with melted butter or other fat.
- Line bottom of broiling pan with foil.
- Flatten pheasant pieces on foil. Do not use a rack.
- Broil with surface of meat 7 to 9 inches from the heat. Broil slowly.
- Regulate pan position so that browning begins after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn occasionally and baste with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Keep the browning even.
- Broil until fork tender -- approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
Source: "The Outdoor Lodge at http://www.theoutdoorlodge.com"