Honey is a wonderful addition to barbecue, adding a natural sweetness without burnt caramel flavor. Simply delicious, this steak is great with simple side dishes.
Barbecued Honey Steak
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 1 sirloin steak, 5-6 pounds
- 2 Tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 large onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 Cup honey
- Combine all ingredients well. Marinate the steak for 7-8 hours. Remove the meat from marinade and grill over a very hot fire. To serve, heat the leftover marinade and pour over the grilled meat.
Recipe from "Tropic Cooking". From a man in Florida who sells his honey on the roadside. A great taste for such little effort.