Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Barbecue
- 3 pounds lean boneless chuck roast
- 3/4 Cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 French rolls or sandwich buns
- This may be cooked a day ahead and refridgerated overnight. Skim fat off top and reheat.
- Place beef in slow-cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except rolls. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on LOW 8-9 hours. Refrigerate or prepare sandwiches now. Shred beef by pulling it apart with two forks; add 1 cup sauce. Reheat in microwave or on stovetop. Spoon on warm, open-face rolls or buns. Top with additional warm sauce, if desired.