Baked Beans are an ideal thing to barbecue. Slow cooking does them a world of good, and brings you a glorious flavor.
Author: Ben in Texas
Recipe type: Beans
- 1/2 onion; chopped
- 1 celery stalk; finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup water
- 2 cans drained pinto beans (15 ounces ea)
- 3/4 Cup Fast-Track Barbecue Sauce; (see Recipe)
- 1/4 red onion; chopped
- Microwave onion and celery in water until soft, about 4 minutes; drain.
- Place beans in saucepan and stir in onion, celery and 3/4 cup barbecue sauce. Heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with red onion before serving.
Each serving: 128 calories; 763 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 1 gram fat; 24 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams protein; 1.44 grams fiber.