Author: Salvatore Fristensky
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 Tablespoons Creole seasoning mix
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Olive oil as needed
- 4 ounces Pilsner-style beer
- 6 ounces Barbecue Base (recipe follows)
- 6 ounces butter
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp shells
- 3 Cups Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3 Cups Worcestershire sauce
- Toss shrimp with Creole mix, rosemary and 2 Tablespoons olive oil.
- Sear shrimp in olive oil, approximately 10 seconds each side.
- Remove shrimp and deglaze pan with beer. Add Barbecue Base and reduce by half.
- Return shrimp to pan and cook through. Remove from heat, swirl in butter and finish with parsley.
- Sear lemon and garlic in olive oil. Add shrimp shells; cook until caramelized. Add hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce; reduce by one-third; strain and reserve.