Bangkok Bean Burgers with Peanut Cilantro Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beans
- 1 pound firm tofu
- 2 Cups cooked black beans, well drained
- 3/4 Cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1/2 Cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup carrots, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- vegetable oil
- flour for dusting
- sliced, peeled cucumber
- Peanut Cilantro Sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons natural crunchy peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup fresh cilantro, minced
- Squeeze tofu in paper towels to discard excess water. Mash tofu in a large bowl.
- Add rest of ingredients except for oil, flour, and cucumbers. Mix well.
- Lightly brush both sides of patties with vegetable oil and dust with flour.
- Brush gill rack with oil. Cook over medium-hot coals about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve on toasted buns and top with Peanut Cilantro Sauce and cucumber slices.
- Peanut Cilantro Sauce: In a small bowl, blend peanut butter and lemon juice. Mix in cilantro to combine.