The quintessential summertime dessert for young and old, the Banana Split is a glorious confection that brings pleasure to everyone. Make it to share with your loved ones. Use premium brand or homemade ice cream for the best results. We preferred Caramel syrup to pineapple, but any favorite will do.
- chocolate syrup
- strawberry topping
- chopped walnuts or pecans
- whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries, halved or whole
- 1 banana, halved lengthwise
- 1 generous scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 generous scoop chocolate ice cream
- 1 generous scoop strawberry ice cream
- pineapple or other favorite topping
- Peel banana and slice lenthwise, placing in a long dish. Top with one scoop of each ice cream.
- Put pineapple or other favorite topping on the vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup on the chocolate ice cream and strawberry topping on the strawberry ice cream.
- Top with chopped nuts and whipped cream.
- Garnish with cherries.
Chunky Fruit Barbecue Marinade and Chutney is perfect with grilled or baked pork, fish, poultry or g...
Cantaloupe Sorbet has an alluring, mystical, almost ethereal quality about it, and a flavor that sim...
Beef Satays are an easy, economical and very handy recipe for parties and small events. Also handy ...
Braised Leeks are an awesome and flavorful British side dish, with a direct Welsh connection. Simply...