Topped with a creamy toasted macadamia nut sauce and sprinkled with ground macadamia nuts, these banana pancakes are definitely a good reason to get out of bed in the morning. Ideal as an uncommon dessert.
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup macadamia nuts
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 1 Cup cream
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Banana Pancakes
Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.
- Macadamia Nut Sauce
Grind macadamia nuts in a food processor until fine. Place nuts into a medium saucepan and fry over medium high heat for 5 min or until fragrant. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and add the butter, stirring until melted. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly pour in milk and cream, constantly whisking the whole time. Add sugar, salt, vanilla to the pan. Cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in lemon juice and half of the ground macadamias.
- Pour sauce into a serving dish. Serve warm and sprinkle remaining ground macadamia nuts on top of each serving.
Caesar himself would have enjoyed a dish of Vitellina Fricta, though in his day, this would likely h...
Perfectly Mashed Potatoes are the glorious favorite of your holiday table any time of the year. Idea...
Simply a wonderful tradition Pita de Spinaka is from Greece. Flavors of the individual ingredients p...
Butter Toffee is a traditional British confectionery; an absolute treasure for the Christmas season....