Topped with a creamy toasted macadamia nut sauce and sprinkled with ground macadamia nuts, these banana pancakes are definitely a good reason to get out of bed in the morning. Ideal as an uncommon dessert.
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup macadamia nuts
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 1 Cup cream
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Banana Pancakes
Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.
- Macadamia Nut Sauce
Grind macadamia nuts in a food processor until fine. Place nuts into a medium saucepan and fry over medium high heat for 5 min or until fragrant. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and add the butter, stirring until melted. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly pour in milk and cream, constantly whisking the whole time. Add sugar, salt, vanilla to the pan. Cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in lemon juice and half of the ground macadamias.
- Pour sauce into a serving dish. Serve warm and sprinkle remaining ground macadamia nuts on top of each serving.
Baked Potato Chips provide a superb, crispy and flavorful side dish to accompany meats, fish, eggs, ...
Easy to make, No-Bake Butterscotch Haystacks are sweet, crunchy confections that are fun for young a...
Pasta Primavera is a glorious rite of Spring and delicious blend of fresh vegetables that enriches, ...
One of the best pesto recipes we have, this one we found to be the optimum one for lighter pastas, a...