Banana Nut Cheesecake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 Cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 Cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 Cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 Cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Combine crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F., 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and banana, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in walnuts, pour over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F., 40 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim;cool before removing rim pf pan.
- Melt chocolate pieces and butter with water over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecake. Chill.