Luscious, creamy and seductive, this Banana Cream Pie has a sultry Mascarpone Whipped Cream topping that is incredibly delicious. One great pie!
Banana Cream Pie with Mascarpone Whipped Cream
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 8 ounces Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 Cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Cups heavy cream, divided use
- 1 Cup half-and-half
- 1 Tablespoon banana liqueur
- 3.4-ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 Cup Mascarpone whipped cream (recipe follows)
- 3 to 4 small, ripe bananas, bias sliced
- 1/2 Cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 Cup Confectioners’ sugar
- For crust: combine Graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg; add butter and mix well.
- Press mixture into one 9-inch pie pan, packing on bottom and up sides. Place in freezer to firm. (The Chef does not bake the crust.)
- For filling: mix 1 cup heavy cream, half-and-half, liqueur and vanilla paste in large bowl. Stir in pudding mix; let stand until set. Gently fold in 1 cup Mascarpone whipped cream.
- Add a layer of banana slices to each crust, top with a layer of filling. Repeat 2 to 3 times to fill crust.
- Pipe mascarpone cream on top, creating generous mounds. Garnish with almonds (optional).
- For Mascarpone Whipped Cream: combine remaining 1 cup cream, mascarpone cheese and confectioners’ sugar. Mix on low speed until combined. Increase to high speed; continue to whip until mixture holds soft peaks.