Rich in potassium, this is a wonderful, spicy and sweet side dish or appetizer that can also be used as a topping.
Author: Dave Owens
Recipe type: Accompaniments
- 3 bananas
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (yellow portion of peel only)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown rice syrup (available at health-food stores)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Coarsely chop bananas. Place bananas, zest, lemon juice, brown rice syrup, cinnamon and salt in a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Cook until soft; do not let scorch. Let cool, then serve.
- Yields 6 servings.