Banana Bars with Browned Butter Frosting
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Bar Cookies
Serves: 48 bars
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups mashed bananas (about 3 large)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Browned Butter Frosting (recipe in Frostings category)
- Heat oven to 375 deg F (190 deg C). Lightly grease and flour a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, nuts, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Cream the sugar, sour cream, butter and eggs in large mixing bowl on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, for 1 minute.
- Add bananas and vanilla and beat on medium speed for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour in flour mixture, just to blend well. Spread dough in prepared baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire rack and the frost with Browned Butter Frosting. Cut into about 2 x 1 1/2 inch bars.