Banana and Mango Chutney
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dips and Salsas
Serves: 4 cups
- 3/4 Cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 medium bananas, sliced, divided
- 1 jar mango slices, divided
- 1/4 Cup raisins
- 1. Combine vinegar, sugar, curry powder, all three peppers, salt, cinnamon and minced garlic in a 4-quart non-reactive saucepan. Heat to simmer, stirring, and cook for 1 minute.
- Peel 4 bananas, slice and add to saucepan. Add 1 cup diced mangos. Heat fruit mixture and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens.
- Slice and add remaining bananas to chutney. Add remaining diced mangos and raisins. Stir to mix well, remove from heat, cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with curries or as a condiment with meat, fish or poultry dishes.