The aged-oak flavor of balsamic vinegar matches ideally with the smokey flavor of grilled meat in Balsamic-Grilled Flank Steak with Arugula and Cherry Tomatoes. This is a wonderful summertime luncheon.
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil; plus more
- 1 garlic clove; finely chopped
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 small loaf rustic bread
- 2 Cups assorted cherry tomatoes
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Cups baby arugula
- Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese
- salt, to taste
- Whisk together the vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic to the mixture. Place the steak in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over the top. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the stove-top grill or broiler. Slice the bread about 1/3 inch thick. Brush it with the remaining olive oil. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the steak about 2 to 4 minutes each side for medium-rare, depending on the thickness of the steak. Remove to a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest.
- Grill the bread on each side until brown and crisp, about 1 minute. Slice the steak on an angle, against the grain, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place 1 or 2 slices of bread on each plate. Top with slices of steak. Place about 1/2 Cup of arugula on the steak. with a vegetable peeler, shave some cheese onto the arugula. Scatter some tomatoes around each plate. Drizzle with some olive oil and grind some black pepper over all.
Irish Truffles are actually an American invention, but perfect for celebrating St. Patrick's Day, wh...
Asparagus Gratin makes a glorious side dish for your meal, providing diners a glorious flavor ideal ...
One may serve Potato Pancakes German Style for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or as either a side ...
Zabaglione alle Fragiole is an outstanding dessert made with fresh strawberries and a delicious Zaba...