Use this exceptional filling in cakes, breads, rolls or other baked goods for a delicious, creamy, cheese flavor. Simply wonderful.
Baker's Cheese Filling
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Fillings
- 3 eggs; separated
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound baker's cheese
- 2 Tablespoons farina
- 1/2 Cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- In a medium bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add 1/4 cup of the sugar, beating until stiff and glossy; set aside in a cool place.
- In a large bowl combine egg yolks, vanilla, and 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup sugar, depending on sweetness desired. Cream until thick and fluffy. Add cheese and farina and stir until well blended.
- Gently fold in egg whites, raisins, and lemon zest.
NOTES: Yield: 4 cups or 16-2 ounce servings.