One of Italy’s great culinary inventions, Baked Ziti with Three Cheeses is a glorious main course packed with flavor and the rich history of Naples.
Baked Ziti with Three Cheeses
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 16 ounces ziti
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese; shredded
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 egg; lightly beaten
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Cup chopped parsley
- Cook pasta following package directions; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease 2-quart casserole.
- In large bowl, blend ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, egg, parsley, garlic, pepper & nutmeg; stir in ziti.
- Spoon into prepared casserole and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake until top is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings. (The way your family will eat it, the recipe does not make 8 servings!)