For a delicious, healthy side dish, make some Baked Sweet Potato Fries today. Their sweet, crunchy goodness is an absolute treat. Simply wonderful as an appetizer, too!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (peeled)
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil (to 4)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Lightly oil (or spray with oil) two non-stick cookie sheets and set aside.
- Cut the peeled sweet potatoes into "French fries" or pieces 1/2-inch wide and 3 to 4 inches long. Transfer the cut sweet potato fries to the prepared cookie sheets, dividing them evenly between the two sheets, and spread them to a single layer.
- For each cookie sheet: drizzle the sweet potatoes with 1 to 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil. Mix together, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheets from the oven, stir the sweet potatoes, and spread to a single layer again. Switch the placement of the cookie sheets on the racks of the oven and bake the sweet potatoes an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Transfer to a large platter for service.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Chicken Breasts with Apples and Cider Cream is and exceptional recipe from Normandy in northern Fran...
A perfectly delicious Autumnal soup that is one of our favorites. We love the rich, seasonal flavors...
Chilled Tomato-Basil Soup has roots in Naples and New York, where this delectable soup appeared, cre...
One may serve Potato Pancakes German Style for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or as either a side ...