Elegant in its simplicity and superior in taste, Baked Salmon with Fennel and Lemon is bound to please the most discriminating palate.
Baked Salmon with Fennel and Lemon
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 2 Tablespoons (1 ounce) 25 g butter (or margarine)
- 1 head fennel thinly sliced
- chopped fresh dill
- 6 salmon steaks
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh Herb Cream Sauce to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 deg C) gas mark 7. Lightly grease a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the sliced fennel and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender. Remove the fennel from the heat, add the chopped dill and spoon into the fish cavities. Any fennel left over can be arranged on top of the fish.
- Place the salmon steaks in the prepared dish. Pour the lemon juice over the fish and season with salt and pepper. Cover the dish with foil, wrapping it well over the sides, and bake for 15 minutes until the fish has changed color and is cooked through.
- Serve immediately with Fresh Herb Cream Sauce.