The butter and spices give Baked Potato Spears a rich, delicious flavor that makes them the perfect accompaniment to roasts, fish or fowl, or even a good burger!
Baked Potato Spears
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizer or Side Dish
- 3 large baking potatoes
- clarified butter
- garlic powder
- onion salt
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise mixed with ranch salad dressing
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Scrub the potatoes and cut them lengthwise into thick slices, then cut the slices into thick strips. Brush the strips with the butter and sprinkle with garlic powder, onion salt and black pepper.
- Place on a greased 15 1/2 X 10 1/2-inch jelly roll pan and season to taste, at least 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 375 Degree F for 50 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Mix the dressing and portion into a souffle cup or small serving bowl. Use it as a dip. Serve warm.
The recipe can be doubled for an entertaining snack or to serve with hamburgers or bratwurst.