Baked Lemon Pudding is a luscious fresh and enticing dessert. Its tangy, lemony flavor cleanses while pleasing the palate.
Baked Lemon Pudding
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
- 1 Cup sugar; granulated
- 1/4 Cup flour; all purpose salt
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon rind; grated
- 2 eggs; separated
- 1 Tablespoon butter; melted
- 1 Cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt.
- Stir in lemon juice rind, beaten eggs yolks, butter and milk. Beat egg whites till stiff but not dry; fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into buttered 6 cup casserole. Place the casserole into larger pan, pour hot water into the larger pan to about 1-inch depth. Take care not to get water into the casserole pan.
- Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 40 minutes or till topping is golden brown. Serve warm.