One of the favorite recipes from Italy, a great Baked Lasagna is an perfect family meal. Serve with a tossed salad. Seriously delish!
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
Serves: 1 portion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion; chopped
- 2 Cups tomato sauce
- 1 Cup tomato sauce; small
- 12 lasagne noodles, cooked, drained
- 2 Cups whole tomatoes; chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons oregano
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic; minced (1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan cheese; grated
- 3/4 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 pound whole or skim milk mozzarella cheese (fresh is best)
- Brown meat with onion. Drain. Add tomato sauce, paste and whole tomatoes, along with oregano, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, sugar, salt and pepper to taste, Parmesan. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Place 3 cooked lasagna noodles on the bottom of a low baking dish. Over this layer spread with a layer of ricotta, then with sauce to cover the spread ricotta cheese. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella. Layer more noodles, more sauce and the 3 cheeses. When all ingredients have been layered add tomato sauce to moisten the dish. Top with thin slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes until sauce is bubbling.