A wonderful sauce flavored with wine, brandy and raisins greatly enhances the superb flavor of Baked Glazed Ham with Raisins. Simply a wonderful meal with roasted potatoes and a salad or opt for a full range of traditional side dishes like buttered brussel sprouts or green beans with fried onions. This ham is a great alternative to turkey for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 2 pounds cooked ham (preferably not pre-sliced)
- 1 Cup dry white wine
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup raisins
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons Brandy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove rind from the ham and score the surface if the fat is reasonably thick.
- Place the ham in a casserole and pour on the wine and water, then arrange the raisins and butter around the meat.
- Pour on the brandy and place in the oven to bake for about 40 minutes, basting frequently with the pan liquids.
- When the surface is crisp and golden and a meat thermometer inserted reads 160 degrees F., remove and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve hot or cold.
This delicious, rich and flavorful Corn Pudding is perfect for holiday meals, particularly Thanksgiv...
There is incredible flavor as well as nutritional value in Simply Steamed Broccoli, served with lemo...
While some say making homemade potato chips is foolish as there are so many great commercial varieti...
For an alluring, exciting start to your meal, try our Bloody Mary Gazpacho, a vodka-infused soup tha...