This dish has a very clean taste; the lemony fish fillets go nicely with the vibrant salsa. It’s light, lovely to look at and would be appropriate during any season, as long as you can find good fresh tomatoes.
- 1 1/2 pounds fish fillets (6 fillets) * see note 1
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, to taste, minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 Salsa Fresca; * see note 2
- * Note 1: Either cod, snapper, sea bass, or a more delicate fish like sole; or small whiting, deboned.
* Note 2: See the "Salsa Fresca" recipe which is included in this collection.
- Salt and pepper the fish fillets. Mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and cilantro in a shallow ovenproof casserole. Marinate the fish in this mixture while you prepare the salsa.
- Chill the salsa until 30 minutes before you are ready to bake the fish. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover the casserole tightly with foil or a lid and bake for 12 minutes, or until the fish flakes. Remove from the heat and transfer to warm plates with a slotted spatula. Place a generous helping of salsa along the side of the fish and serve.
- To prepare ahead of time: The fish can marinate for several hours. Prepare the marinade, add the fish and cover the casserole tightly with aluminum foil. Refrigerate until 30 minutes before baking, turning the fillets once or twice. The salsa will keep for several hours; refrigerate in a covered bowl.
Comments: This is a good dish for a dinner party, because all of the ingredients can be prepared well in advance. The fish bakes quickly, so it's just a question of watching it carefully once you put it in the oven.
Recipe Source: FEASTS & FETES by Martha Rose Shulman
Absolutely flavorful, Caribbean Ginger Turkey is delectably marinated, picking up wonderful taste an...
Bavarian Pot Roast is a warming, soothing comfort food that embodies the taste of the season. Simply...
In warmer weather cold Broccoli Soup is both refreshing and healthy for you and your family, and qui...
Chinese Hot and Sour Soup is one of the most delicious of the soups to come from China. Deep, rich ...