Baked Corn Chex 'n Cheese Custard
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1/4 Cup green pepper; chopped
- 1/3 Cup onion; finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 each eggs; large
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Cup American cheese; shredded
- 1 pound corn; canned, drained
- 2 Cups corn chex; coarsely broken
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Saute green pepper and onion in butter until limp.
- Beat together eggs, milk, salt, sugar, and pepper. Stir in cheese, corn, sauteed peppers and onions, and 1 1/2 cups cereal.
- Pour into buttered 2-quart casserole and top with remaining cereal.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 to 50 minutes or until set.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.